Sunday, September 08, 2019

Part 1: नमनाला घडाभर तेल

I had seen umpteen stories of people who disappeared from radar just like that. Off the daily routine, out on the road, to do whatever they wanted to do or whatever they did not. And I always wondered how the heck does it happen? For someone who always traveled for work, the fundamental questions were unending... like who takes care of money, itinerary, bookings, and of course there are chores ? How? कौन होते है ये लोग? (Remember the opening monologue from RDB? Yes. That one. It started playing inside my head almost every time.) But then you see, social media is not something you take seriously. Do you?


Very soon, I literally started meeting these people! Like in the good old real social world. When I did half marathon, I met someone who traveled the world to participate in marathons. Pick a cause. Pick a run. #simple #मज्जानूलाईफ


The other year, I met someone who downsized the life style. Sold the house. went around the world. Learnt Yoga. Became a teacher.


I wrote to a couple of folks who did intercontinental roadtrip and guess what? They were real too. We ended up talking on phone.


... And the list went on.


And I wondered ऐसा उनमें क्या है जो मुझमे नहीं? Well, I definitely had one thing which they didn't... Questions. And then there was a करके देखो moment. Getting out of the Aristotle era of debating everything, and entering into the era of experimenting.


So there. For whatever it's worth. Stepping out on a solo trip, road trip, hostel trip, public transport trip or whatever you call it.


Follow me for the updates here.


https://www.instagram.com/deshkatha/


बीना followers वाला अकाउंट अच्छा नहीं लगता। When I become a social millionaire, I'd give you a shout-out. पक्का!






No comments: